Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Western States Open Complete Results

For anyone that's interested in the Western States, where chessloser, I and 339 others chessed it up over last weekend, the full results are now posted at the tournament web site.

Of note, Reno player Kevin Gafni won the "A" section. You can read about Eric Shoemaker's tournament here at his blog, Pale Rider.

On a personal note, I see that my rating went from 1611 to 1649, which is great, but I also see that if I would have played on and won my game in the last round I would have gotten into a tie for 6th to 14th place in Class B and won some $, I'm not sure, maybe 60-70. Fortune does favor the bold.

On the other hand, I think it was the right decision for me at the time, I wasn't really after any money in this tournament, and as a matter of fact I'm working up a big post on money and chess. It will cause untold controversy that will ripple across the chess world, resulting in both fulsome praise and threats of bodily harm.

Well, it would be cool if it had that much impact, anyway.

1 comment:

Pawned! said...

Congrats on your rating increase! ...Rich