Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Far West Open

I was unfortunately unable to play in the Far West Open here in Reno last weekend after some family illnesses and other problems cropped up in the last few weeks. Unfortunate, because I would have dearly loved to play chess for three solid days! But I will play in the even bigger, better Western States Open this October, and feel that by then I will be fully back in form and have a good chance to obtain a good result.

They should have full results and some games posted by tomorrow night at the link above; but I know that Ehlvest and Yermolinsky tied for 1st in the Open section with 5/6 and The Sage in the Tower scored +1 with a couple of byes. I look forward to hearing how the rest of the Reno players fared.

Meanwhile, I'm charged up about playing the final game of the Reno CC Class B Ch. this Thursday. Then it's on to the City Championship!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Robert! I know you will kick butt on Thursday Night! Someone has to pay! Your next opponent is the most logical choice for revenge! We should train together over the summer to get ready for the Western States. My place would be fine because my wife has to go China and unfortunately, I can't also go this time around because I have to get my Math out of the way. What do you think? We can over the Beliavsky book together and look for aesthetics. Eric

Unknown said...

Hi Robert, your game against Arlo Mann should be interesting. He's in a slump right now and will be trying hard to break out of it, so be on your guard! You don't want to be the first victim as he breaks out of it, which sooner or later is likely to happen, since we all can't forever remain in a slump, or at least we hope not. Eric